- 16 Stunning Statistics that Forecast the Future of the Internet of Things
- 3 Industries That Will Be Transformed By AI, Machine Learning And Big Data In The Next Decade - Forbes
- A top Silicon Valley investor predicts what the world will look like in 10 years - Business Insider
- Drone market outlook - Raconteur
- Farewell oil, hello tech: the world’s 5 most valuable companies in 2006 and 2016 - World Economic Forum
- Five technologies for the next ten years - McKinsey & Company
- Ford to Sell Driverless Cars to Public by 2025, CEO Says - Futurology
- Gartner predicts connected car production to break 60 million by 2020 - Connected Car Tech
- Robots will eliminate 6% of all US jobs by 2021 - The Guardian
- Stop whining, the age of tech is an age of wonder - FT.com
- Tech breakthroughs megatrend - PwC
- Technology is taking jobs away from men—and reviving a pre-industrial version of masculinity — Quartz
- The Payments Revolution - FT.com
- The World in 2019: CEOs Reveal the Single Biggest Driver of Change in the Next 3 Years | Lynne Doughtie | Pulse | LinkedIn
- This is what the rise of automation in banking and finance means - Business Insider
- We used to worry about ‘peak oil’. Then the technological revolution happened | World Economic Forum
- What artificial intelligence will look like in 2030 | World Economic Forum
- What's the future of Artificial Intelligence? - Raconteur
- Why is Uber rushing to put self-driving cars on the road? - Quartz
Please see below selected recent intelligence about the ongoing and accelerating automation of work .
- Asking "what’s the future of the workplace?", an MIT professor predicted that new technologies will enable more decentralised decision making and ultimately more freedom in business.
- See also: Only Humans Need Apply, by Thomas Davenport and Julia Kirby and Robots: Friend or foe? - Financiaal Times.
Please see below selected recent external intelligence about IBM.
- IBM and Deloitte Financial Crime Strategy and Response Network teamed up on mitigating financial crime in Asia. Deloitte will use the IBM Counter Fraud Management (CFM) platform to deliver advanced financial crime data analytics services across the region. IBM CFM is an integrated set of solutions that are designed to address all phases of enterprise financial crime measures. A modular set of analytics, intelligence, and visual technologies will expand and reinforce the fight against financial crime.
Please see below recent intelligence about the ongoing digital revolution.
Many are imagining, some even planning for, the coming of the "singularity". Some are for, some against, many others sceptical that it could ever arrive.
Ray Kurzweil, who inter alia works on Google's machine learning project, predicts that by 2029, humans will be extending their lives considerably or even indefinitely. He also believes the human brain could be enhanced by tiny robotic implants that connect to cloud-based computer networks to give us 'God-like' abilities.
The Tinkering School allows children to build, experiment, become deeply immersed in and committed to projects (decoration has a special and surprising role to play).
Do many mainstream schools (still) offer such opportunities? If not, how can we help them do so?
Imagine too how many adults remain short of confidence about their own practical skills, and how such an approach might help them too.
Imagine anyone being able to travel virtually anywhere...such as along the Trans Siberian Railway. No substitute for the original, certainly, but perhaps a relatively green way nonetheless of democratising curiosity.
Please see below selected headlines about technology trends.
- 5 surprising industries that will be transformed by driverless cars- Shaping Tomorrow
- 26 Disruptive Tech Trends for the Rest of the Decade - Altimeter
- Big Data Life in 2023 - EMC
- Google passes significant barrier in its plan for driverless cars - Financial Times
- Human drivers will be obsolete by 2050 as driverless technology takes over - City A.M.
- Millennials Will Revolutionise Technology Management - Forrester
- On-demand digital healthcare spending in could exceed $1 billion by 2017 - Mobile Strategies 360
- People are buying millions and millions of wearables - PC World
- Smart meters: a window of opportunity into the connected home - PwC
- The changing landscape of disruptive technology - KPMG
- The five key technology trends businesses must embrace to stay ahead - Information Age
- The Internet of Things: a new path to European prosperity - A.T. Kearney
- Three reasons you should be working with AI right now - PwC
Please see below the latest Halcyon Futures, summarising the most significant recent developments regarding the climate change, demographic change, economic change, technological change, urban change...and emerging change megatrends.