Halcyon curates the most significant business-related content from carefully selected sources. Please contact us if you'd like our help with business-related challenges.
Please see below selected recent intelligence about strategy. This is a synthesis of major recent developments at competitors, business schools, thinktanks, media, commentators, and other key influencers.
- Why Popular Strategies Always Fade - strategy+business
- 10 Principles of Strategic Leadership - strategy+business social media content
- strategy+business magazine Summer 2016 quick guide
- From the outside in - straetgy+business
- Strategy That Works, Strategy&’s new book published through the Harvard Business Review.
Please see below selected pre-2016 intelligence about strategy. This is a synthesis of major recent developments at competitors, business schools, thinktanks, media, commentators, and other key influencers.
- Accounting firms face many changes, from industry consolidation and disruptive technologies, to a changing field of competition, new revenue models, fee negotiations, and continued innovation. To meet these challenges, accounting firms need to build a strong strategic leadership bench. Accounting Today made recommendations on how to this, reflecting two decades of experience developing strategic leaders at leading companies around the world, as well as research conducted at Wharton’s Mack Institute for Innovation Management.
- In "The Reclamation of Strategy", strategy+business warned that using big data to improve a business means more than just collecting the information, or even analysing it - companies must develop a strategy for how to use the information to build their brands. Unfortunately, many firms are using big data tactically, rather than strategically. Marketers, in particular, are not realiisng the full potential of big data - they’re mainly using it to drive programmatic advertising.
Please see below selected recent intelligence about McKinsey & Co.
- Kazakhstan signed a deal with Google and McKinsey to harness the power of “big data” analysis and improve efficiency in its mining industry. A government fund finalised an agreement to set up a centre for collecting and analysing data from across the mining sector, based in the commercial capital, Almaty, working in partnership with the US technology and consulting groups.
There is a wide range of methods and strategies for fostering innovation. A collection of videos featured top innovators (the example below focusing on creating an innovative culture) across many industries, who articulated what innovation means to them.
We trained hard, but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form teams we would be reorganised. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganising - and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress, while producing confusion, inefficiency and demoralisation - Roman Soldier in AD66
We must not fight tomorrow's battles with old weapons - G K Chesterton
We don't normally talk about our strategy...because it's strategic. I would rather have people think we're confused that let our competitors know what we are going to do - Larry Page, Google
There they go; I must hurry; I am their leader - Dr. Michael Hammer
Just as you have to stand back from an impressionist painting to really understand it, so too in modern management is it important to step back to see the wood from the trees.- The Monet View of KM, Debra Amidon, 1997