2015 saw major global trends, from the Greek sovereign debt crisis and the Chinese stock market meltdown, to the refugee exodus and of course the global terrorist attacks. And it was a record year for deal-making as business confidence recovered. So what will 2016 bring? Throughout January and February Halcyon put together this evolving index of significant forecasts for 2016.
For a "helicopter view" on a wide range of 2016 trends, see e.g.
- The Economist - The World in 2016
- Forecasting the world in 2016 - FT.com
- 2016 trend reports - Forbes
- Reuters BreakingViews - 2016 Predictions
- 13 trends for 2016 - European Council on Foreign Relations
- Top 20 trends in 2016 - Trend Reports
- Global Trends - 10 Trends to Watch for 2016 and Beyond
- 10 Things to Look Out For in 2016 - CEBR
- Five Business Trends To Watch In 2016 - Fast Company
- What's next: 2016? - Shaping Tomorrow
- What Will Be the Big Story of 2016? - Foreign Policy
For a more detailed listing of forecasts regarding the topics that EMEA MI monitors regularly, please see below.