Please see below selected recent intelligence about EY.
- EY is to launch a next-gen predictive analytics hub to help consumer products and retail companies unlock growth. EY announced the launch of its Commercial Analytics Services Hub (EY CASH). This cloud-based analytics platform helps consumer products and retail (CPR) companies accelerate growth by predicting consumer choice to inform key decisions.
- Society Consulting, a US-based analytics and big data consulting firm based in Seattle, has joined the US affiliate of Ernst & Young. Society Consulting provides services across the areas of web development, dynamic content strategy, content management, personalization, segmentation and campaign execution. This adds to EY’s other recent digital services acquisitions that includes Seren, NorthPoint Digital, Intuitive Company, Bedrock Consultants, Bluestone Consulting and C3. EY
- EY and OpenText formed a strategic alliance to deliver enhanced enterprise information management approaches. EY announces a strategic alliance with OpenText, a global leader in enterprise information management (EIM).
- Big companies and their outside auditors often have close professional relationships. But now, for the first time, US regulators have taken enforcement action over relationships that became a little too close: it has fined professional services firm Ernst & Young $9.3m for failures including an auditor’s romantic involvement with a client. Investigations by the Securities and Exchange Commission have found that a senior EY partner involved in the audit of a New York-based public company forged an improperly close friendship with the company’s chief financial officer and spent more than $100,000 on corporate entertainment for the executive. Another partner on the team who was auditing a different public company became romantically involved with its chief accounting officer.
- EY announced a new Global Deputy Vice Chair of Advisory Services, Errol Gardner.
- Meanwhile EY promoted 714 new partners worldwide.
- EY launches legal offering in Chile and Argentina and hired a partner from Norton Rose Fulbright in Toronto to lead its Canadian business law team. The accountant has hired Jorge Garnier from Argentine power company Genneia, where he was senior legal counsel, as an executive director to build a team focusing on corporate law.
- EY appointed Andy Baldwin as area managing partner for its Europe, Middle East, India and Africa practices, which include more than 102,000 people across 99 countries. Baldwin is currently the regional managing partner for EY's Financial Services Organisation in EMEIA & will assume his new role on July 1.
- In Ireland, EY announced plans to boost its 1800-strong workforce, adding 270 new jobs across its offices in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Waterford and Galway. The firm said growth is being fuelled by high demand for cybersecurity and fraud investigation services. 220 of the new jobs will be for experienced hires, with another 50 coming from an increased graduate intake in September. EY has grown its business in Ireland by 16% every year over the past three years, and its workforce has increased by a quarter since 2014.
- In Japan, more than 30 companies have decided to terminate their contracts with Ernst & Young ShinNihon since the accounting firm was punished by authorities in December for signing off on Toshiba's books.