Halcyon monitors and analyses key markets, competitors, clients, issues, trends and hot topics. Please contact us to discuss how our insights can help you create value.
As 2017 passes its half-way point, it is worth examining the trends that may impact us all, over the years and decades to come. You can see how such trends may unfold, year by year, below. Please contact us for help in creating value from these trends.
- 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025
- 2026 2027 2028 2030 2033 2034 2035 2039 2040
- 2045 2050 2051 2052 2060 2063 2064 2075 2082
- 2090 2092 2095 2099 2100 2101+
In the 1840s Henry David Thoreau swapped his busy schedule in Concord, Massachusetts, for a wooden hut he built himself near Walden Pond. We had the privilege to visit Walden, five years ago, in July 2012; it exceeded expectations in its tranquility and beauty - and the swim in the pond itself was unforgettable.
- The Great Philosophers: Henry David Thoreau
- Thoreau on why not to quote Thoreau
- The Book of Life: Henry David Thoreau
- Thoreau on What It Really Means to Be Awake
- On Walden Pond
- Lessons from the first ‘tiny house’ evangelist, Henry David Thoreau
- About The Walden Woods Project
Can utopian visions change the world? The 2017 IAI TV debate, Dreaming the Future discussed how we all want a better world, and we seemingly make progress, with more technology and less prejudice. Yet ideals and utopias are strangely difficult to imagine, let alone achieve. Is it that we just lack imagination or are leaders inherently corrupt?