The task of the right eye is to peer into the telescope, while the left eye peers into the microscope - Leonora Carrington
We offer you a wide variety of lenses through which to view and interact with our content:
- by Element we actively monitor, analyse, and report on over 100 issues, values and ideas.
- by I-Site: we identify responses to the world's most pressing issues, imagine new responses, are inspired by how others are responding, examine the impact of our choices, find innovative ways to improve how we react and spot trends that might change our responses in the future.
- by Level: you can choose the most appropriate level of response, be it at the personal, the organisational or wider societal level.
- by Timeline: we also examine how emerging trends might affect your responses in the future, from the distant past, through till now (2020), and right on through to 2100 and beyond.
- by Space: most responses to most issues are applicable globally, but we also make it clear when a given response is more appropriate within a particular country or region.
- by Signifier: an index of further key words (e.g. concepts, individuals) which occur regularly across Halcyon sites.
Please therefore feel free to select the lenses that best meet your own needs from the drop-down Trend, I-Site, Level, Timeline and Space menus in the right-hand column of every Halcyon page
We also see lenses as being useful in the following cycle that we have imagined:
- Microscope (start> search, examine, diagnose)
- Telescope (stars, choices, range, open-mindedness 7.68bn people)
- Kaleidoscope (turn, test, hypothesise, wonder, filter)
- Duoscope (Janus, right/left binary, yes/no, stop/go, alive/dead)
- Omniscope (review everything)
- Microscope again (decide, choose, monitor, review, change).