These pages highlight our founder Dominic's subjective views on the ever-changing range and scope of subjects that Halcyon focuses on.
This is less a blog than a set of irregularly updated and often fragmentary views - on ideas and values, places and people - evolving over time into mini essais which pay humble homage to the peerless founder of the genre. Our writing is provisional, always open to change as new thoughts and ideas emerge.
The kaleidoscope is Halcyon's prime metaphor, encouraging us to embrace change and to view issues through an ever-moving series of lenses.
What's changing this week?
Halcyon curates the most significant vitality-related content from carefully selected sources. Please contact us if you'd like our help with vitality-related challenges.
Please see below recent demographics-related change.
- What's New? - Demographics
- What Counts? - Global Population Trends
- What Counts? - Global Life Expectancy Trends
- What's Changing? - Ageing
- What's Changing? - Gender
- What's Changing? - Identity
Please see below selected recent migration-related change.
- More than 1,800 migrants successfully made the journey in small boats across the English Channel to Britain in 2019, representing a six-fold increase over the previous year. The surge likely reflects the closing of several French migrant camps, as well as Europe's crackdown on the people smuggling trade, prompting migrants to embark on the precarious channel crossing.
Please see below selected recent optimism-related change.
This page will contain regular updates about A Mundane Comedy, Dominic Kelleher's new book, which will be published in early 2020. We will be publishing extracts on this site and across social media during the first quarter of 2020. Please feel free to contact us with any questions about the book.