Artificial Intelligence (AI) is typically defined as the ability of a machine to perform cognitive functions we associate with human minds, such as perceiving, reasoning, learning, interacting with the environment, problem solving, and even exercising creativity. Examples of technologies that enable AI to solve business problems are robotics and autonomous vehicles, computer vision, language, virtual agents, and machine learning.
Please see below recent artificial intelligence (AI)-related change.
Please see below selected recent privacy-related change.
- The Financial Times noted that as consumers become more privacy conscious, growing numbers of people are trying to take control of their data. But removing personal details from people search websites is arduous - and the information often reappears within months, according to companies that monitor sites. Some people search engines permit individuals to remove their information from sites, but in many cases, although data are taken down from a website, it is not necessarily deleted from the records.
Please see below recent sustainable development-related change. (Each headline relates to one or more of the UN Sustainable Development Goals, or SDGs.)
Please see below selected recent technology-related change.
- What's New? - Technology
- What's Changing? - Artificial Intelligence
- What's Changing? - Automation
- What's Changing? - Blockchain
- What's Changing? - Cybersecurity
(Until May 2018, Halcyon reported all technology headlines collectively below. Since June 2018 we have report on these sub-areas of technology within their own documents - see links above etc.)