Please see below key recent developments concerning trade:
- The US Commerce Department announced that, despite Trump's pledge to win a fairer deal on trade for American workers by imposing, or threatening to impose, tariffs on foreign-made goods, the US posted its highest-ever merchandise trade deficit ($891.2 billion) for 2018.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is typically defined as the ability of a machine to perform cognitive functions we associate with human minds, such as perceiving, reasoning, learning, interacting with the environment, problem solving, and even exercising creativity. Examples of technologies that enable AI to solve business problems are robotics and autonomous vehicles, computer vision, language, virtual agents, and machine learning.
Please see below recent artificial intelligence (AI)-related change.
Please see below recent sustainable development-related change. (Each headline relates to one or more of the UN Sustainable Development Goals, or SDGs.)
Please see below selected recent technology-related change.
- Halcyon Technology Headlines
- What's Changing? - Artificial Intelligence
- What's Changing? - Automation
- What's Changing? - Blockchain
- What's Changing? - Cybersecurity
(Until the end of May 2018, Halcyon reported all technology headlines collectively below. Since June 2018 we have report on these sub-areas of technology within their own documents - see links above for AI etc.)
Please see below selected recent identity-related change.
See also: Halcyon Identity Headlines
- There are currently at least 10 million people around the globe who are considered stateless: they are citizens of no country. This can be the result of wars and displacement, changes in laws, governments, or borders, or specific government decisions to strip certain people of citizenship.