Please see below selected recent migration-related change.
See also: Halcyon Migration Headlines
Please see below selected recent depression-related change.
See also: Halcyon Depression Headlines
- The growing rates of depression worldwide mean that we are struggling to be happy. Are we doing something wrong, asked Aeon, before adding that painful times can confer other benefits that make us happier over the long term. For example, it is during adversity that we connect most closely with people. Experiencing adversity also builds resilience.
Please see below selected recent poverty-related change.
Please see below recent gender-related change.
See also: Halcyon Gender Headlines
Please see below recent climate-related change.
Imagine a ship that is sinking and needs all the available power to run the pumps to drain out the rising waters. The first class passengers refuse to cooperate because they feel hot and want to use the air-conditioner and other electrical appliances. The second-class passengers spend all their time trying to be upgraded to first-class status. The boat sinks and the passengers all drown. That is where the present approach to climate change is leading - Buddhist monk Matthieu Ricard
- Halcyon Climate Headlines
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- UN Framework Convention on Climate Change
Please see below recent memory-related change.
See also: Halcyon Memory headlines
- A Scottish company has been given planning permission to create a memorial garden with no visible grave signs or markers. Loved ones deposit physical mementos or time capsules in the ground, locating precise plots using smart phones, according BBC Scotland.
- According to GZeroMedia, 41 percent of American adults cannot identify Auschwitz as a Nazi concentration camp. That figure includes 66 percent of those aged 18-34
Please see below recent sleep-related change.
Fundamental shifts in the world of work are eroding traditional social safety nets. Could a universal basic income (UBI) be the solution? UBI isn’t a new idea, according to the Basic Income Earth Network, which says it was originally ignored, but growing fears surrounding job automation have stoked an interest in basic income.
Please see below selected recent basic income-related change.
What is Basic Income? How much will it cost? Why should you care? Find out this and more in the RSA's guide to Basic Income.
Please see below selected recent therapy-related change.
Please see below selected recent servitude-related change.
See also: Halcyon Servitude Headlines
Please see below selected recent authenticity-related change.
See also: Halcyon Authenticity Headlines
Please see below selected recent measurement-related change.
- Quartz warned that, in an increasingly digital world with growing concerns about sustainability, dismay is mounting about the use of GDP as the benchmark measure for a nation’s economy. It fails to take into account other things that could be more valuable indicators about how a country is doing, such as inequality, well-being, happiness, clean air, and climate-change mitigation.
- Einstein noted that "not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted". Nevertheless, new devices that monitor activity, sleep, diet, and even mood claim that they can make us healthier and more productive.
This evolving report examines what demographics-related trends might lie ahead.
HOW GLOBAL POPULATIONS REACHED ITS CURRENT LEVEL
Please see below selected recent change-related content about change itself.
See also: Halcyon Change Headlines