Please see below selected recent food-related change.
- Many people will stop using plastic straws to save fish, but we won't stop eating fish to save fish? With nearly 5.5 billion fish being caught every day, it's becoming abundantly clear that the fishing methods we're using are having a massive impact on the ocean.
Halcyon curates the most significant environment-related content from carefully selected sources. Please contact us if you'd like our help with environment-related challenges.
Karl-Erik Sveiby on aboriginal cultures:
- Treading Lightly: The Hidden Wisdom of the World's Oldest People
- The First Leadership? The non-hierarchical model of the Australian Aborigines
- Aboriginal Principles for Sustainability
- Keep All Alive!. An Aboriginal model for Sustainability
- Nhunggabarra Knowledge Painting and story.
Our current meat-heavy system of food production seems to many unsustainable, a waste of resources and a source of pollution in the form of pesticides and hormones as well as methane gas from livestock manure.
Please see below key Sustainable Development Goal (SDG)-related developments during June 2017:
Many projects are already underway; some young architects are designing structures made completely out of living trees, while others are imagining how our great cities might return to their more natural state.
A related website tried to organise all biological information by function and asked the question - what we can we learn from this organism (e.g. any inventor, anywhere, at the moment of creation, could ask "how does nature remove salt from water?")
The greatest engine for creating wealth today is green business - Bill Joy, co-founder of Sun Microsystems